UNIt XIV: Universations 256 - 277

256

What is the perfect number?
The final one.

257

Do you find wisdom in words?
In words I find nothing but despair.

258

How do you measure your life?
’By my music.’

259

Are you a student of life?
Life is far too chaotic to study.
Can you not see a pattern beneath the chaos?
Yes, and that is what bothers me.

260

How do you know you’re on the right track?
It’s a matter of intuition.
Where does this intuition come from?
That is a question I have yet to answer. But I know one thing.
What’s that?
It doesn’t come from watching TV.

261

Is this day like any other?
Every day destroys the day before. Nothing is left but a hazy memory and that too is subject to erosion and eradication.

262

Who are we if we are not ourselves?
We are a breath of life, a slice of oxygen, a drop of gravity. We are everything but ourselves.

263

When I look out I see stagnation. Yet I know everything is moving. Why do I not see what I know?
Because you have a life to live and knowing is not always living.


264

Is it dangerous to relax?
Only if thieves are already in your house.

265

Why do we argue?
Because our minds acquiesce to our emotions.

266

The full moon dominates the night sky.
But in the light of day it is invisible.
Yes, but its power still affects us.

267

Our spirit is young.
How so?
It does not age.
But what of its education?
It has nothing to learn.
How can that be?
Knowledge is what brings it into existence.

268

You never exhibit much scorn.
I have no scorn for sidewalks, rose gardens, or modern architecture.
How about humanity?
My compassion is deep.
Is it enough?
It does not falter.

269

One less day to remember the past.
So forgetfulness comes out of the future?

270

How do you maintain you level of intensity?
I never forget anything. My memories energize me.
Doesn’t your mind get crowded?
I have room to spare.

271

How do you deal with persecution?
I consider the source. As someone once wrote, ‘life is transparent and mellow’; to make it opaque and severe requires a great deal of ignorance. Ignorance is not fatal. It can be cured; therefore I suffer persecution in a fairly good humor.
But it never rattles you.
Sometimes, but the canvas that I paint is a large one.

272

Who among us knows the way?
The engineers at the highway department.

273

You greet many days before the sun arrives.
We rise early to count our losses and then we move on.


274

Our days are numbered.
Who numbers them?

275

What happened to the prophets?
They ran out of gas. They didn’t have access to the new technology.

276

What role does logic play in your voting inclinations?
Are inclinations governed by logic?

277

What are we made of?
Our elements belong to the earth.
What are we capable of?
Returning whence we came.

GO to UNIt XV