UNIt XXXIII: Universations 780 - 811

780


Life isn't quite what we planned it to be.
We know that.
Are you sure? Sometimes you act like you don't.


781


We must be kidding ourselves.
No, it's true. That is a large, gaseous planet in close orbit around a distant sun.


782


Never stop reading even when good books are hard to find.
Is that an admonition or a warning?


783


The grass needs cutting.
Are you sure?
Not if you don't want me to be.


784


The absolute truth has been taking a beating.
That so?


785


God's love is from above.
Doesn't matter where it's from as long as it gets to here below.


786


Are you suffering any residual effects?
Ask me when it's all over.
When will that be?
When I'm done.


787


How is allergy season treating you?
Like a dog without a bone.


788


Do you know anyone that lives in a glass house?
Are you speaking about yourself?


789


A good storm can clear the air.
Are you expecting one soon?
Yes. The final one.


790


Will we continue as we are?
Would you like too?
Sometimes I do.


791


At times like this I wonder who I am.
We all do.


792


Were you hoping for a new beginning?
Must every beginning be new?


793


Can life be reduced to complex mathematics?
No, and it can't be enlarged by them either.


794


Are we learning what we need to learn?
That question tells me that maybe we are.


795


If you keep looking for a scandal, you're bound to find one.
I found one and I wasn't even looking.


796


Did Samson know what he was doing?
Yes, and he had the strength to do it.


797


How many people were lost in the flood?
None. They were lost already.


798


How do you deal with your plans being disrupted?
I certainly don't go with the flow.


799


I understand sunshine on the water makes you happy.
Why shouldn't it?
Anything else make you happy?
Gravy on the biscuit.
Now you're talking.


800


What special attributes do you bring to the job?
Patience and integrity.
How about dedication?
I wait to see if the job deserves it.


801


The spiritual battle is intense.
And the outcome is in doubt.
Only if God changes his mind.


802


What's the number of your room?
I don't know.
You've never noticed?
No. Too busy going to and fro, I suppose.


803


As we talk, what thoughts are yours and what thoughts are the organization you're with?
I'll have to think about that.


804


Every morning is always best.
I know what you mean. No qualifiers needed.


805


I heard you ran out of gas the other day.
I'm still out.


806


Are you going to Hell?
Yes, and in a wastebasket too.


807


I hope we never forget who we are.
What makes you think we could?


808


Do you see a light at the end of the tunnel?
Was I supposed to be looking for one?


809


There seems to be a lack of understanding.
Has it ever been any different?


810


The sunset is fading into a crystal night.
Do you have many sunsets like that?
Each sunset is unique.


811


When's the last time you made a mistake?
A big one or a little one?

GO to UNIt XXXIV