UNIt XXXVII: Universations 916 - 941

916


We're running out of lies to tell.
Good. I'm about ready to start telling the truth.


917


Is it finally time to sit back in the easy chair?
I don't know about that.
No doubt you deserve it.
My creditors may respond differently.


918


What are you trying to say?
That which hasn't been said.
That's a tall order.
Not if I say it.


919


Is there anything we can do about time?
No. It marches on; inevitably; with a vengeance.


920


You've been working hard to change God's mind.
Do you think my work is in vain?
Futility is the price of human vanity.
But I'm appealing to God's vanity.


921


Let's not kid ourselves. Our mission is a tough one.
You're not kidding.


922


Is it possible not to exist?
You'll always exist.
But in what form?
A form you may not even recognize or be aware of.
That's not too comforting.
Existence often isn't.


923


You have the makings of a great accountant.
Don't count on it.


924


Have you been listening in on my conversations?
Only when you were speaking loud enough for me to hear.


925


Do you have any good advice for me?
Never believe half-heartedly.


926


We keep spinning our wheels.
Blame it on the mud.
Whom should the mud blame it on?


927


It seems we Canaanites are always worried 'bout spies being among us.
Must be something in the water.
Or in the milk and honey.


928


We should keep it in the family.
I don't know. Sometimes it's good to air one's dirty laundry.
Only after it's been washed.


929


Did you ever find that place in the sun?
No, but it wasn't from a lack of trying.
Are you sure about that?


930




What's rarer than a cool morning in July?
The devil taking a holiday?
Your guess is as good as mine.


931


To be all-knowing must at times be boring.
I just knew you were going to say that.
Does the comment bore you?
No comment.


932


Do you have a friend in Jesus?
I guess I'll find out someday.


933


Are you prepared for the final chapter?
Yes, but not for the last page.


934


Illness tends to strike at inopportune times.
That's perfect harmony for you.


935


Are parking lots getting smaller?
That would seem to be the case.
Wonder why?
Maybe we're losing our parking instinct.
Would that be so bad?
I'll mull that over in the next parking lot.


936


Have you confirmed any of your biases lately?
What makes you ask that?
You always seem to be leaning in one direction or the other.


937


Can you be too smart?
I'll let you know.


938


A silent sun marches across a hot landscape.
Are you going somewhere with this?
Literally, no. Metaphysically, perhaps.


939


The pessimism is relentless.
But it's good for business.


940


It's too hot to go outside.
But it's too lonely to stay inside.


941


What's your favorite restaurant?
The one on the corner of First and Main.
How often do you go there?
Whenever I'm not hungry.

GO to UNIt XXXVIII