UNIt XXXVIII: Universations 942 - 967

942


It's nice to be where one is wanted.
As opposed to not being wanted?
As opposed to being appreciated.


943


The only real paradox is the last one.
What do you mean?
I mean it's very likely we'll never know.


944


Have you been taking good care of yourself?
As much as possible.
What's the forecast?
Dark clouds and stormy seas.


945


I'm thinking of opening a Rolls-Royce dealership.
I'm impressed.
So am I.


946


Your nerves seem to be getting the best of you.
That's good to know.
What?
My nerves are the least of my worries.


947


Why do they continue to believe the opposite of us?
There's a chance they're smarter than we are.


948


You use travel to get away from yourself.
That's true.
Does it work?
Yes, but for some reason I always keep coming back home.


949


I wonder why there's no degree in cloud architecture.
Too high a calling.


950


How was it when cosmic forces were arrayed against you?
I'm still assessing the damage.


951


Evil is as evil does.
Are you speaking from experience?


952


What's the latest report saying?
All is not lost! All is not lost!


953


It takes a lifetime to live a life.
That's profound.
It's the best I got.


954


It's our game to lose.
What does that mean?
It means I'm running out of meaningful things to say.


955


Does your fireplace still work?
Yes, but why do you ask?
I knew something next door was going up in smoke.


956


I understand the elections were rigged.
Rigged for truth and justice.
You should be a comedian.


957


Let's go get some breakfast.
Where do you want to go?
About fifty years in the past.


958


Will we ever know the true history of mankind?
Only if they play reruns in heaven.


959


Your cause would seem to be hopeless.
But it is right.
How can you be sure?
I get cold comfort from believing it to be right.


960


You're predicting disaster.
That's true.
How can you be certain?
I'm not.
And yet you still predict.
That's what prophets do.


961


We spend too much time explaining what we think we know.
What should we be doing instead?
Seeking understanding.


962


You're looking mighty weary.
I am.
You know where to go.


963


The wild blue yonder beckons.
That's always been the case.
But yet we're still earthbound.
Earth still needs us.


964


What is the optimum temperature for human comfort?
Room temperature.


965


Now that everyone has deserted you, do you understand the futility of your plans?
No, but I do better appreciate the unreliability of human loyalty.


966


Practice is finally over.
Does that mean it's time to play the game?
I'm ready if you are.


967


Conversation is the art of the possible.
That so? Then we must be living in impossible times.

GO to UNIt XXXIX