UNIt XXIII: Universations 472 - 499

472

Who's kidding who?
It's mutual.
But what does it really mean?
It means we're interested in life.

473

I think the cosmos needs cosmetic surgery.
How so?
Too many vacant lots.

474

Windows of opportunity.
I don't follow.
You don't need to understand. All you need to do is open one when it comes along.

475

You're at the stage when everything deteriorates.
My bones creak.
Happens to us all.
No one escapes.
Not yet.

476

Why weren't you there when they needed you?
I was cutting my toenails.
Couldn't that have waited?
I suppose.
Will it be different next time?
Depends on how great is the need.
It always does.

477

Bad habits tend to betray us.
What do good habits do?
Keep us in shape to continue our bad habits.

478

We went home after the game.
Cookies and milk?
Of course.
Then what?
Sleep - perchance to scheme.

479

So little space to maneuver.
Maybe it's time to change tactics.
Can you channel General Patton?

480

The best days are the ones you welcome with open arms.
Are you saying we shouldn't worry about tomorrow?
I'm just saying don't lose sight of today.

481

I love the days that move slowly, where sorrow is tinged with gladness.
Do you have many days like that?
Too few to forget.

482

Do you remember running into H.D. in the Maine Woods?
Yes.
What was the topic of conversation?
The price of beans.

483

The thing that connects us to the rest of humanity also disconnects us.
The same thing?
Yes, but don't ask me what it is. I haven't a clue.
Then how do you know it exist?
I don't.

484

Why do we discuss trivialities?
We wish to elevate them?
That makes sense. There's no way to go but up.

485

How small is small?
There seems to be no limit.
How big is big?
Who's asking?

486

What's your favorite color?
It changes from moment to moment.
How about right now?
Right now it's a velvet hue.

487

Define Paradise.
I can't.
But I thought you might.
Ask again later.

488

What's living all about?
Filling the moments with meaning.
Is that how you do it?
I keep hoping so.

489

What do you do when the night approaches?
I prepare for sleep.
Does all go well?
At some point it has to.

490

Should one dance one's life away?
If at all possible.

491

Are all our prisons man-made?
Most of them are self-made.

492

Each voice seems to be unique.
Too bad so many of them have so little to say.

493

The moon is not what it seems to be.
What is it?
Another reality.

494

What are we waiting for?
A chance to redeem ourselves.
Is that possible?
It's inevitable.

495

We keep dealing with the past. Why can't we let it go?
Because we want to change it.
But that's impossible.
Is it?

496

How do you deal with disappointment?
I put it in a box.
Throw away the key?
I don't lock the box.
Why not?
If I did, I would stop being myself.

497

Where were you yesterday?
Which yesterday?
There's more than one yesterday?
Who's counting?

498

Why do some people crave attention?
It has to do with breakfast.
What do you mean?
You can't live fully without substance.

499

Why won't you admit who you really are?
Value is lost if I reveal my identity.
What do you mean?
I mean you have to find out for yourself.

GO to UNIT XXIV