UNIt XVI: Universations 298 - 316

298

Hot dogs are a guilty pleasure.
So are guilty pleasures.

299

Isn’t it lovely?
The lightning flashing across the sky is an awesome sight.
What of the thunder?
It’s loud but it has no power.

300

Why the self-imposed exile?
I’m seeking loneliness among numbers.
Are you succeeding?
No, because I still feel creative.

301

Do you count friends among the influential?
Yes, I know many movers and shakers.
Do you reap any rewards because of your association with the high and mighty?
Yes, I get to ignore them when I feel like it.

302

How should we relate to the new technology?
It has opened the world to us but it is closing the door to ourselves.

303

What prevents success?
Running into walls that don’t exist.

304

It is a cloudy night, dark and featureless.
On nights such as this, when the moon and stars are not visible, we are bound to earth, trapped between firmaments.

305

Are you ready to leave it all behind?
That would be impossible. But what I take with me is significant if only everything is significant.
And that’s absurd, isn’t it?

306

Can we go back to a simpler time?
All that matters is our humanity and the spirit that animates it.
The complexity of the situation is irrelevant?
Yes.

307

Who are we at the end of the day?
We are our displaced selves.
How do we regroup?
Sleep.

308

What would there be without blemishes?
A featureless landscape.
Any advantages?
We could go faster but there would be no reason to go.

309

Do you ever jump to conclusions?
No, but conclusions sometime jump at me.

310

Has your career seen many transitions?
I’ve transcended transitions.

311

What is the essence of life?
Creating debt and beginning payment.

312

Your philosophy stretches beyond the normal avenues.
It is not a philosophy if it doesn’t.
Would you sacrifice your philosophy if circumstances warranted it?
I would rather sacrifice myself.

313

Are there limits to understanding?
Yes, but there are no limits to self-deception.

314

Your feet are dirty.
Water and soap will clean my feet, but the roads will still have dirt.

315


How many scorpions have you seen?
Four so far.
That’s not too bad.
Yes, but they may only be the vanguard.


316


What’s your latest take on life?
Reality isn’t always air-conditioned.

GO to UNIt XVII: