UNIt XXV: Universations 527 - 556

527

Have you ever gotten lost in a big department store?
No, but I've tried to several times.

528

We are more different than we are alike.
I agree though I would have put the same thought differently.

529

Do you find obsession troubling?
You have to be able to let go.
What if you can't?
Then you have to learn to live in agony.

530

God made many mysteries.
That's so true.
What is the most mysterious to you?
The mystery of emotion. It's like God made something He Himself couldn't control.

531

Have you got to the point where you can measure your life?
Yes, but a question remains.
What is it?
Should I use the metric system?

532

We keep running into memories of ourselves.
The best memories never happened.
That's what memories are all about.

533

Have you learn how to say goodbye?
I'm still learning.
We all are.

534

How did you defeat death?
I grabbed it and we jumped off a cliff together.

535

I understand you're pretty good at explaining the unexplainable.
If you say so.

536

Have you experienced 'poetic moments'?
Sure, there have been a few.
Any stand out?
Yes, but to do so I would have to talk about the rain, and frankly, I'm sick of the rain.

537

Do you enjoy the time you spend in the backyard reading and contemplating?
I do, whether I want to or not.

538

Some fences are more friendly than others.
Especially the ones that are about to fall down.

539

Are you surprised by the vastness of the ocean?
Always.
Do you still want to cross it?
More than ever.
Is it your destiny?
We won't know that until I cross it.

540

Do planes pass by very often?
No, very rarely, I'm sad to say.
But surely you don't want the sky to be filled with planes.
On starry nights, I don't complain about the stars.

541

Can plans be perfect?
Even God would have trouble doing that.

542

Are trees witnesses to man's follies?
Yes, even the ones that fall to the ground.

543

What do we have here?
Whatever it is, it's not the Bubonic Plague.
How can you be so sure?
The doctors are still in town.

544

The best days are filled with sunshine.
Don't leave out the wind.
Sometimes even the rain is OK.
What about when night falls?
When day precedes night, most all things are acceptable.

545

Nothing is impossible to God.
That's just another way of saying God knows what's possible.

546

Have you seen anyone lately?
No, I seem to be all alone.
Your loneliness is immense.
Will it always be that way?

547

No more classrooms.
No more cafeterias as well.
Everything was built in order to be torn down.
And the desiccated leaves of late autumn are blowing in the merciless wind.

548

Laughing is better than crying.
Not if you're selling kleenex.

549

Do you live in the moment?
Define moment.
It's simply the now.
Define now.
How absurd.
Yes.

550

Who's afraid of the big, bad wolf?
We all are to some extent.
Shouldn't we know better?
We do.

551

The way up is sometimes the way down.
It is easy to lose one's bearing.
As well as one's inner compass.

552

Life is intensely fragile.
But we've survived for long eons.
Being intense helps.

553

All our friends are in disarray.
It's because their filing habits lack symmetry.

554

What do you see when you look around?
What do you see?
I asked you first.
So you did.

555

Is happiness just around the corner?
It must be because it isn't around here.

556

You're pretty greedy with that sunshine.
It's my hedge against inflation.
Too bad you can't bottle it.
I disagree. It's good that I can't.

GO to UNIt XXVI